Tuesday 2 September 2014
 

Vehicle fire sends one to hospital

 

 

A Clear Lake man has been released from the hospital after being treated for injuries he received in a motorhome fire last week.

Keith Haugen, was doing some repair work on a fuel fill line for his 1998 Tropical outside of his home at at 217 Asbury Drive at approximately 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct.16.  A trouble light broke and the residual fuel caught fire.

The responding Clear Lake police officers reported the motorhome was fully involved when they arrived and a large volume of smoke could be seen from as far away as Mason City.

Haugen attempted  to put out the fire with two portable fire extinguishers, but the fire became too hot and flames spread rapidly. He was transported to Mercy Medical Center Mason City  by the Clear Lake EMS and admitted in fair condition.  Hospital staff reported this week he has been released from the facility.